Tagged by the beautiful Kat of Beautwins, it’s my turn to provide a list of 50 things that make me happy.
To be honest, rather a lot of things make me happy – so tying it down to only 50 little things in this big wide world was pretty tricky. So often and so easily, can we drown ourselves in the little things that bug us, that upset us or that annoy us and get us down, that we miss and totally overlook those little things which make the world the wonderful and inspiring place it can be.
Easier said than done of course, as I well know.
We just have to try and remind ourselves of them occasionally to keep us on that happy path.
So, without any more pondering here are my 50 Things That Make Me Happy……..
1. My family & friends – naturally
2. Seeing people smiling and laughing
3. My little £1 dancing flower – always makes me smile as it sways from side to side
4. Bright and crisp mornings
5. Family days out – especially at safari parks!
6. Snuggles and cuddles with my girls
7. Getting a whole nights sleep!
8. Summer BBQs & Country Pubs
9. Photography – still learning but enjoying every minute
10. Appreciation of the little things, which i think I overlooked until I became a mum
11. Listening to my children say silly things and random sentences
12. Tickle fights with my girls
13. Pretty colours
14. Finding my ‘positive’
15. Being silly
16. A relaxing pampering session
17. Watching a good film or box set
18. Country walks in the sun
19. The magic & excitement of holidays and celebrations
20. Making lists (yes – I’m one of them!!)
21. Having some quiet ‘me time’
22. Wrapping up all snug and warm in winter
23. Eating warm home-made oat cookies with my girls
24. Dancing to silly songs in the kitchen
25. Throwing parties
26. Bubbles – of all varieties!!!
27. Watching the loving sisterly bond develop between my girls – especially when they hold hands
28. Admiring Mother Natures handy work!
29. Al fresco dining on balmy evenings
30. Making others happy & doing good deeds
31. Inspirational quotes
32. Shoes, clothes and handbags! Come to think of it…. shopping in general!
33. Silly jokes – the more rubbish the better!
34. Watching Friends on re-run – even the old jokes make me laugh to this day!
35. All creatures great and small (animals and birds etc – not the TV show!)
37. Make and do activities with the girls
38. Interiors and fashion magazines – love planning for my dream house with walk-in wardrobe!
39. Glitter & Sparkles and all pretty things
40. Reminiscing with friends
41. Holding hands and cuddles with my family
42. Morning lie-ins with a good cuppa
43. Holidays – anywhere!
44. Dressing up for nights out
45. My precious weekends
46. Nice surprises and impromptu kisses (from my husband!)
47. A tidy house!
48. Playing in the garden
49. Good food, good wine and great company
50. Seeing my children happy
So I now tag these lovely ladies……
Karen at Mini Travellers
Jess at Mummy of Boy Girl Twins
Heledd of Running In Lavender
Thank you so much Ellie, and apologies for taking so long to get back to you. You are totally right in that we should find beauty in everything, which,if you’ve happened to read my last post as to why I’ve been absent from blogging, I can wholeheartedly agree with!! Thx so much for your lovely comment. Steph xxx
Fab post and always nice to see what makes other people happy 🙂 Thanks for the tag xx
Had to laugh as I have one of those dancing flowers too which is on the dashboard of my car (much to the disdain of the husband). Great list x Found you via Sunday Stars.
Hi Linda – sorry for the late reply (if you’ve seen my recent post you’ll know why I’m sure ) So pleased you found me and enjoyed my list. Steph xxx
Love love Steph, you always make me smile! Thanks for tagging me!!
Lovely post Steph and a fantastic list, I need to do my post will have to get started xxx